Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I have been working on lately

Well I finally finished this rug last week, got it bound and whipped the edge with yarn. The idea came from one of my paintings.


Penobscot Bay  this rug is long and narrow so not clear what happened to the photo


Now for some cloth work, I was feeling badly that I had not done much over the month the class ran and went through the piles of fabric to see what had been accomplished. I was pleasantly surprised that I began as many as I found. None finished but ideas are there and ready when time allows.


Blues

For this cloth I already know what comes next and will be a series of blues in old linens and some other cloth from the dye jars.



This one I call House/Home



Lightness




Boro



The Moon's Story which I continue to work on



This one is resting



This cloth honors my old friend Mr Blue
He was at the pond the other day and I was as close as I had ever been to him sketching and taking his photo
Not clear if this one is done, not quite I'm thinking but like the dark blue  is resting for a bit. Processing. Now I will try out some of the new lessons that just happened, words, split stitches and a thumb smash. Who can tell where the cloth will wander, I feel the ocean calling, maybe dense peasoup fogg. That images keeps asserting itself in my mind's eye. Til Then back to the rugs.

3 comments:

jude said...

hey these cloth look swell! i like lightness, so simple and empty and all your blues look so boro. the stitching is like wandering isn't it?
you have won my little cloth.

Susan said...

nice rug, but it looks like Manhattan....those grey buildings

SHANNA WHEELOCK said...

love your mr. blue slo cloth! and i love the slo cloth that i have hanging here in my studio!

do you have any shows planned for your slo cloth work? they really need to be on exhibit. have you thought of posting some of them on your blog site for sale?