Thursday, June 17, 2010

An online Class in Cloth Story Begins, Building A Base

Day One: What if I build a base and don't stop there? I could do some cloth weaving. Yes and then baste.




Then I thought what if I try to make a base and stop at the base?


What if I take 2 pieces of fabric and then make a weaving structure on top?


What if I try to put different fabrics on top of the backing?

And what if I add a moon to the first base?


What if that is all I manage to do for todays class? And tomorrow I find a sheer and make a cloth sandwich?
The biggest problem I am having is trying to look at the videos on dial up. Took over 2 hours yesterday to see the demo that was 6 + mintes long. This is not fun but the stitching is....
And tomorrow is the last drawing class at the Farnsworth. We'll have a model for half the class and then a crit and food. Sad to have the class end.

4 comments:

Nilnjana Mukherjee said...

Your blog is very enriched. You can see my blog Nandanik Art Centre. We conduct Drawing Classes in Kolkata, India.

linda said...

Hi Diana, you might try going to the library to see the videos. I would imagine they'd have a quicker download there! I'm really getting a lot out of jude's class. I've gone ahead and signed up for the beast class. That should be fun.

Robin Olsen said...

This story cloth is very striking--even if it is just a background. Maybe that's enough? I'm enjoying looking through your blog.

jude said...

hey, i will be getting the videos on dvd soon. will that help?